Internet can be accessed in different ways. One of the ways is connecting through cell phones. Now here is a process to Connect to Internet in Linux via Mobile. This procedure is very useful as you can access Internet on the go even when you are using Linux. In order to make this happen you should follow these steps..
1. Connect the mobile via USB cable.
2. Open terminal and type su to become root.
3. You’ll be asked for the root password; type it in.
4. Issue this command:
This is when the phone will be detected as a modem. In this window, you should now be able to see the address the phone’s modem is connected on. Note it down. E.g. ‘Modem = /dev/***’
5. Then to edit this file using a text editor, enter: kwrite /etc/wvdial.conf
6. When Text Editor opens the file, make a note of the username and password in the file and erase everything from there. Then enter the following:
Modem = /dev/ttyUSB0 # <–
Enter the USB port location here
Phone = *99#
Username = xxx # <– Enter the
Password = xxx # <– Enter the
Baud = 230400
Init1 = ATZ
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2
ISDN = 0
Modem Type = Analog Modem
Carrier Check = No
The modem will be configured successfully. To dial the Internet connection type, enter the following in the terminal: wvdial
If everything goes fine, it will say ‘connected successfully’.
Note: To disconnect, press [Ctrl] + [C].