Trust me, there are number of uses who still prefer using Dropbox over iCloud. And no wonder, the way Dropbox lets you store and access files is truly user friendly. Although, there has been no official word if iCloud can be used the same or not, but we have definitely found a way out.
Yes, you iCloud can be turn into Dropbox. Meaning, you can surely use iCloud as Dropbox. And in order to do that, you need some tweaks. Below is the complete step by step guide to get this done.
Steps To Use iCloud As Dropbox | Turn iCloud Into Dropbox Like Service
- First and foremost, you need to enable the file handling feature on iCloud
- Do to that, get on to the System Preferences option, click on iCloud and put a check besides the Documents and Data option
- This will actually enable the syncing of the physical files
- Now there is a folder on your Mac, which is totally dedicated to the applications which use iCloud. And this location can be used by you in order to use it the way you use Dropbox
- And that location is ~/Library/Mobile Documents
- But make sure that you do not fiddle with other folders as it would end up corrupting the application using that particular folder
- iCloud features auto sync. So, you need not do anything from your end as it would take care of the syncing part itself
- To use it on any other machine or iOS device, you can directly go to the same location and find your files provided it has iCloud features enabled and the Documents and Data option is turned ON