You definitely think that there is a need to run Android apps on Mac, and this is the reason you have ended on to this post. Few months back, I did share a couple of ways to run Android apps on Mac. And this compilation can be labelled as an extension to that list.
Previously, I shared a command line method and a GUI method to run Android apps on Mac. And I would be adding two more ways to it. Yes, you can follow whichever way you feel like following.
How To Run Android Apps On Mac – Best Ways
Method 1 – On Command Line
- First step is to download Android SDK for Mac and once done, you need to extract the zip file
- Launch Terminal, check the location of the unzipped file, and get on to that location on the Terminal prompt
- Once done, enter the below command where <NAME> stands for the name that you want to give to your virtual Android device (on which you would be running Android apps)
./android create avd -n <NAME> -t 1
- The device can now be activated by the below command
/emulator -avd <NAME>
This is one of the methods to run Android apps on Mac. If you are not comfortable with it, lets learn about the GUI method.
Method 2 – Using GUI
- Launch Finder and get to the location where you have your unzipped file
- Get inside the Tools folder and double click on the file (icon) labelled as Android SDK Manager
- On the launched GUI, click on the Manage AVDs option
- On the window, click on the button labelled as New so that you can configure a virtual Android device
- Now you would have the device ready with you and you are ready to do the things that you can do on your Android device, except for phone calls.
Method 3 – BlueStacks
This is an incredible app which basically acts as a simulator and lets you run Android apps on it. All you need to do is just install this app, and then you can download the apps on its market and start using them. Other than the fact that it won’t let you run all the Android apps, there is nothing wrong about this amazing program.
Infact, it covers all the popular apps, and since there is nothing else to be done from your end, except for installing this program, makes this one of the most popular way to run android apps on PC and Mac.
Method 4 – Check Out For Online Alternatives
If you want to stay away from all sorts of installations, then the quickest and easiest way to use Android apps on computer is to check its online alternatives available. Simple, right?
These are 4 best ways to run android apps on Mac. Try them out and let us know how they worked out for you.