This is very useful to those people who don’t want others to access their information or data they store on thheir Hard Disks. We can redtrict the acess by using Group Policy Editor. This is used in order to make modificationsÃ‚ in the XP as per our needs. I will be posting more on this later. First let us see how to prevent access to drives from My Computer.
- First Goto Start then to Run.
- In run type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
- Then you can see a window. On the left side click on User Configuration.
- Expand Administrative Tempelates and in that click on Windows Explorer
- On the right side you can find the option "Prevent access to drives from My Computer"
- Double click on it. A new window will get opened.
- In that window select Enable. ( here you have the option of selecting the specific drive to restrict or you can restrict all drives by choosing from the drop down menu below the options )
- Click Apply. Then OK
Note:Ã‚ The affect will take place immediately