When you activate ” Show CurrentMusic Track “ in Gtalk and when you are using Windows media player or Winamp 5.5 or higher versions, your Google Talk will freezes or stops responding. This is very annoying as you have to close your player and should end process of Gtalk, Start it again and change the status to something other and start the Music Player or else it will freeze again.
To overcome this problem there are two different methods, one for each type of player. The problem lies with the players clashing with the Google Talk. We will make a relation between the music player and the chat client.
Note: Remember to Close both Winamp or Media Player and Google Talk when doing this.
For Windows Media Player :
If this problem occurs in Windows Media Player( WMP) it just needs an activation of the plugin. It can be done in the following way..
- Go to The Now Playing in the Now Playing in your player.
- Select Plugins > Options
- In the resultant window select Plugins > Background from left side.
- Select Google Talk Music Plugin
- Click OK and you are done.
For Winamp 5.5 or Higher Versions :
For Winamp there is a diffrent process. It is very simple and it can be done in the following way..
- Go to the root directory of Winamp which is usually in C:\Program Files\Winamp\
- Select Tools->Folder Options->View (Tab) and uncheck the hide extensions for known file types and click Ok.
- Now create an empty file (Right click the mouse -> New -> Text document), so the default file would be like “New Text Document.txt”.
- Rename the above file to “winamp.m3u” and save.
Now open both applications and Show Your Current music track status. It will work fine without the Google Talk Freezing. Go ahead and Fix the bug and enjoy showing what you are listening to your friends.