What exactly do you understand DNS? Well, Domain Name Service (DNS) is the basic thing which is behind any Internet connection. Speaking in layman terms, DNS is actually a directory which has all the details required for the conversion of hostnames into IP addresses or vice versa.
So, if something goes wrong with DNS, then it would end up with Interne disconnection. And this is what we call DNS Error which gives you an error message saying, Cannot Connect Error. Now, this DNS error can occur in any device which can be connected to the Internet. And fixing the DNS error is remains same irrespective to the device you are working on.
DNS Error would leave you helpless as without proper functioning of DNS, normal domain name like http://pcsplace.com cannot be converted into actual host address leaving you see an error screaming, Cannot Connect Error. So, below are some of the ways to fix DNS error.
How To Fix DNS Error
- If you are not able to visit any website, do not label it as a DNS error. It is very much possible that you might be entering wrong address. So check it and try again. And it could also be possible that the web site is busy. So try refreshing the page and see if you can visit the web site
- Before trying out any of the below ways, get in touch with your ISP and confirm if things are fine from their side
- When you are using Internet connection from any specific ISP, then make sure that you are using the settings provided by them. Click on the Tools option on the Internet Explorer and under the Connections tab, click on the Settings button.
- Try flushing your DNS Cache. Sometimes, the DNS Cache gets full and results in its shutdown. Enter the below command on the command prompt to flush all the DNS content and once done, check the connectivity
- There are number of third party tools available on Internetwhich could fix DNS error on your computer. All you need to do is download and install the same on your computer and within few clicks, you would be resolving the DNS issues
These are the basic solutions for most of the DNS errors that occur on your computer. There might be several other ways which could fix DNS error on your computer. If you know any such method that have worked for you, please do share with us.