Microsoft has released the final version of Windows Live Essentials 2011, the software package that contains Windows Live Messenger, Movie Maker, Mail, Writer, Photo Gallery, Windows Live Mesh and more.
The update can be downloaded from the official Windows Live site, but there you only find the link to download the web installer, which requires an Internet connection during installation.
But some users may prefer an offline installer, especially if you want to install Windows Live Messenger 2011 on multiple computers.
These users can download the offline installer and use it to install Windows Live Essentials 2011 on multiple computers, without Internet connection during the installation process.
Download Windows Live Essentials 2011 (offline installer)
Download Windows Live Essentials 2011 (web installer)
Program of Windows Live Essentials 2011:
- Messenger: Chat in real time with friends and family by phone or computer.
- Photo Gallery: Create slideshows, organize, retouch and share your photos.
- Mail: Send and receive email messages and manage your contacts and calendars.
- Movie Maker – Edit your videos, add special effects, transitions, sounds and subtitles. Then publish them instantly on YouTube with just a few clicks.
- Writer: Create professional blog posts, with pictures, videos, maps and more and post them on WordPress, Blogger, TypePad, etc.
- Family Safety: Manage and monitor the activity of their children on the Internet.
- Bar Bing: Get search results Bing without leaving the site where you are.
- Messenger Companion: View and discuss the links that your friends share while you surf.
- Windows Live Mesh: Synchronize and access your files on all computers you use.
- Outlook Connector Pack and Microsoft Silverlight.