Fedora OS is one of the most popular flavors of Linux and is a powerful one in many aspects. If you have been using it and looking for a way to create VPN on Fedora Linux, then this post would prove to be of real help.
One of the most sorted out features of Fedora is its firewall. And with VPN on Fedora, one could experience extreme secure conditions which offers incredible data encryption and safe data transfer.
Complete Guide To Create VPN On Fedora Linux
- Navigate as System > Administration > Add / Remove software. Once you click on it, it would ask for your root password, just enter the required credentials
- Now enter pptp in the search field and click on Find button.
- When it lists out some results, click on the box beside NetworkManager VPN Plugin and click on Apply button
- While doing this, if it asks you to install additional packages, just go ahead and install them
- At the top of your screen, click on the NetworkManager applet and then navigate as VPN Connections > Configure VPN
- Click on the Add button in the Network Connections dialog
- Go ahead with Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) as the type of connection and click on Create button
- And go ahead with the below values while editing your VPN connection:
Connection name : Enter the name for your connection
Username : Enter the username that you want to use
Password : Enter the password that you want to use
- Now click on the Advanced button and go ahead with other tweaking you want
- In order to activate the VPN connection, all you need to do is click on the NetworkManager icon on the top of the screen and navigate as VPN Connections > FedoraVPN
This is the complete guide to create VPN network on Fedora. Just follow these steps and get it done on your Fedora.