Why would one want to change the IP address of his computer? Well, the reason could be many but they are none of my concerns. Here we are, sharing methods to change IP address on Mac and Ubuntu.
Unlike Windows, doing few things on Mac and Ubuntu are tricky. And the only reason justifying it properly is that fact that we are not used to these operating systems. Other than that, there is nothing super technical in it.
We would helping you with methods to renew IP address on Mac and renew IP address on Ubuntu as well.
Ways To Change IP Address On Mac And Ubuntu
Method To Change IP Address On Mac
- Click on the Apple Logo at the top of your Mac’s screen
- And click on System Preferences
- Under the Internet and Wireless section, click on the Network icon
- At the bottom right corner, you will find a button labelled as Advanced
- You will find number of tabs there. Just click on the TCP / IP tab
- Under than tab window, look for a button Renew DHCP Lease and that is it
This is one way to renew IP address on Mac. You can anyways follow the below methods too, because Mac is ultimately a Unix based operating system.
Method To Change IP Address On Ubuntu
The above was the user interface method and you also get it done by using commands.
- On the terminal, hit the command, sudo dhclient -r
- The above command would actually release the current IP address and its time to renew it
- In order to do that, you can either fire, sudo dhclient or sudo dhclient eth0
- Both the above commands would change the IP address of your Ubuntu machine
Alternate Method To Change IP Address On Ubuntu
Instead of using the above commands, you can also go ahead with the below set of commands to get a new IP address for you Ubuntu machine.
- Check the current IP address by firing the ifconfig command
- In order to release it, fire sudo ifconfig eth0 down
- And to bring the connection up with new ip address, fire sudo ifconfig eth0 up
These are the straight forward ways to renew IP address on Mac and Ubuntu. Let us know how they worked for you.